106B 9705 Horton Rd SW
Calgary, AB T2V 2X5
Phone: 403-255-3653
Fax: 403-255-4503
Toll Free: 1-877-626-7575
Toll Free Fax: 1-877-640-7575
Southland Registrations Address
Alberta Car Proof L and Y Insurance Online Services
Online Registry Services
Help save the environment by
downloading an electronic (PDF)
version of all driver study handbooks.

Click below to download your copy now.

Alberta Professional Class Driver's Handbook Alberta Motorcycle Class 6 Handbook Alberta Basic Class Driver's Handbook
Southland Registrations Ltd. Alberta Authorized Registry Agent

Serving Calgary
Vehicle Licencing in Alberta
There are many forms of vehicle licencing in Alberta. Pick a section below to find out more.

Licence Plates
Are you a veteran, or looking for a great gift idea?
Try an Alberta personalized plate.
This section will tell you all about licence plates in Alberta.
  • Veteran's plates
  • Personalized plates
  • Plate transfers
  • Trailer plates
  • Antique plates
Vehicle Information Reports
Buying a new vehicle in Calgary?
Consider obtaining a Vehicle Information Report to
ensure you are making the right decision.
  • Liens registered to the vehicle
  • Vehicle status (written off, salvaged, etc.)
  • When and where the vehicle was registered
New Vehicle Registration
Registering a new vehicle can be an exciting time.
Make sure you come to the registry prepared.
  • Things you should know
  • What to bring
  • Cost of registering a new vehicle
Vehicle Registration Renewals
Is it time to renew your registration?
  • What to bring
  • Insurance requirements
  • Cost of renewing your registration
Out of Province Registrations
What you need to register an out of province (OOP)
or out of country vehicle.
  • Request for inspection
  • Registration
  • What you need to apply
Disabled Placards
Short term and long term disabled placards.
Information about disable placard forms and charges.
  • Disabled placard application form
  • Disable placard information in Calgary, Alberta
Commercial Plates
Commercial plate licencing for business owners,
contractors, and self-employed individuals.
  • Prorate
  • Class 1 commercial licence plates
    ( Professional transportation)
  • Class 2 licence plates (Farming & delivery)
In-Transit Permits
Need to move your vehicle, but don't have registration?
You may need an in-transit permit.

Click here to find out what an in-transit permit covers,
and how to obtain one.
  • In-transit permit information